twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Which language should I learn?


Found this on a forum. In response to the question “Which programming language should I learn first?” - one user responds:
Depends.

To program in an expressive and powerful language: Python
To get a website up quickly: PHP
To mingle with programmers who call themselves “rockstars”: Ruby.
To really learn to program: C.
To achieve enlightenment: Scheme.
To feel depressed: SQL
To drop a chromosome: Microsoft Visual Basic
To get a guaranteed, mediocre, but well paying job writing financial applications in a cubicle under fluorescent lights: Java.
To do the same thing with certifications and letters after your name: C#
To achieve a magical sense of childlike wonder that you have a hard time differentiating from megalomania: Objective C

I could go on… but I’m not feeling hateful enough today.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails